HS 8 at LEX 7 Site!
102 signers. Add your name now!
102 signers. Almost there! Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
Dear Loudoun County Public Schools board and Loudoun County Board of Supervisors:
We support the location of HS 8 at Lexington Seven as the most logical, economical, and time-effective choice.
Please consider these factors:
- The cost and impact of a proposed traffic circle at Upper Belmont and Riverpoint Drive in Lansdowne;
- The loss of irreplaceable playing fields at Lansdowne Sports Park;
- The influx of thousands of vehicles per day through two Level of Service "F" intersections on Belmont Ridge Road;
- The unnecessary cost of a parking garage and retaining walls at the National Conference Center site;
- The need to purchase of 42 acres at National Conference Center to obtain 28 usable acres when 76 acres at Lexington Seven are ready to build with infrastructure in place;
- A dedicated turn lane to the Lex 7 site via Loudoun Co. Parkway with no merge into Rt. 7 traffic;
- Ready access to Lex 7 via Loudoun Co. Parkway for students from north Ashburn (the majority at HS 8);
- Ready access to Lex 7 via Riverside Parkway from west and east;
- Proximity of Lex 7 to the prestigious Howard Hughes Medical Institute;
- Four colleges in immediately vicinity of Lex 7: George Washington Univ., Northern Va. Community College, Shenandoah and Strayer;
- Room to grow at Lex 7 with room for a police sub-station;
- Lex 7 is a prime commercial location available for public use at this time only due to market conditions and
- Effect of construction on existing homeowners is considerably greater at NCC than at Lex 7.
- Please consider consolidation and purchase of the affected homes at Potomac Farm should the Lex 7 site be selected.
Concerned taxpayers of Loudoun County and affected residents of Lansdowne on the Potomac.