Opposition to the Horace Mann Expansion Current Design
Expansion Plan for Horace Mann Adversely Alters Wesley Heights Residential Community
Horace Mann Elementary School is about to embark on a much-need modernization and expansion plan to better serve the need of our children. We fully support the plan but object the current design plans which will include a 200ft long X 30ft high building along 45th Street.
• Overwhelms and alters the residential character of the street and blocks the view of the current school
• Eliminates current setbacks and green vistas
• Eliminates "Range" where parents drop off and collect their children
• Has waste disposal, air-conditioning and exhaust facing the residents
• Serves to close-off the school from Wesley Height community
Horace Mann has ample space to pursue alternatives that still meet the needs of our children without destroying the character of our neighborhood.
Please leave your address or email in the comments box so that we can stay in touch with you and keep you updated about efforts to stop this design.