End Injustice, Promote Fair Trade
The International Labor Organization estimates that there are 14.2 million people trapped globally in a system of forced labor in industries such as domestic work, traveling sales crew, restaurant service, and agriculture. As members of a community dedicated to love and respect for all, we are committed to being responsible consumers and ending a system that subjugates million to extreme injustice.
We, the undersigned:
1) Create a call to action to all members of our community, city, and country, to recognize the extents to which labor trafficking perpetrates injustice, diffusing into our daily life through consumerism.
2) Remind the community of our moral obligation to acknowledge the pervasive nature of labor trafficking in our daily life
3) Suggest concrete steps towards fully sustainable consumer products, built on the fruits of free labor that guarantees justice and freedom to all
- All consumption by Visitation should be in accordance with Free Labor. All products coming onto campus should be certified Free Labor as to protect innocent victims of labor trafficking.
- Encourage other schools, businesses, etc. to follow our example of Free Labor initiative
Students, Teachers, Administrators, Friends: Please sign this petition to encourage the implementation of our Free Labor initiative and aid victims forced into modern-say slavery.
Thank you kindly,