Exam Exemption Policy
Many of us have questioned the new district policy requiring everyone to take final exams with no exemptions. This was done because the Board members felt Pendleton students were not prepared for college exams and needed the extra practice. We decided to launch this petition to ask this be changed for next year because:
1. We take exams constantly all year so a final exam will not enhance our test taking abilities.
2. We have looked at research and it is not known if final exams make students perform better in college or not.
3. Information on one additional test we will take in 9th, 10th and 11th grades will not stay with us in a way that improves our test scores in college.
4. What is taught in college is not the same information that is taught in our high school courses.
5. Students should be allowed to accept the grade they earned throughout the academic year if they are satisfied without having to take final exams that could hurt their grades and adds great stress at the end of a long year.
If you agree that we should not be forced to take end of year exams, sign this petition to ask the School Board to reverse this policy.