End Teach To One & Give us our teachers back!
75 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
75 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
Teach To One (TTO) is a program where students progress at their own pace. It seems good, but it's actually a pretty bad program.
- In TTO, students do not progress and stay behind. For example, someone I know who finished 6th grade last year, only finished 20% of math. He still got a B+
- TTO doesn't even care how good you are at math. If you don't even try on exit slips (mini quizzes), you can still get an A. This motivates students to not try.
- TTO is boring and repetitive. You are stuck on the computer all day bored. Some of us don't even do math, we play games. Math is suppose to be fun, but because of TTO it is now a chore.
- TTO isn't a better program than a regular classroom, so what's the point? Kids don't enjoy math anymore. You might argue it improves MAP Testing, but a single test doesn't tell you how good a kid is at math.
- TTO mixes grade levels. This means no matter what you do, it's never gonna be your grade level. It can be lower and higher grade levels. In my opinion, you should just do your grade level work.
In order to solve this problem, you need to remove Teach To One (TTO) and return to regular classrooms.