Demand to postpone Final Year Examinations across Karnataka
We, the undersigned, students from Manipur state (Northeast India) request the honorable Education Minister, Government of Karntaka; VCs of Bangalore University, Rajiv Gandhi Health Sciences, Autonomous Universities, etc. TO POSTPONE THE FORTHCOMING FINAL YEAR EXAMS like BA/B.Sc/B.Com/BCA/B.Sc(Nursing)/General Courses/Paramedic
CC to Hon'ble Education Minister, Government of Manipur; His Excellency The Governor of Karnataka.
We are requesting to postpone this exams in view of the following reasons:
1. Our students are not in position to come back to Bengaluru, Karnataka immediately or by 1st September 2020 and quarantine them as per guidelines of the pandemic.
2. Physical & Financial hardship: Most of our Manipuri students went back home through Shramik Special Trains arranged by the Government of Karnataka. It is very difficult for all final year students to come back to their respective institutes as the mean of transportation are very minimal & Air tickets are high/expensive.
3. Manipur State entire lock-down still continuing. Movements are not advisable at the moment.
4. Covid-19 cases graph in Manipur & Karnataka still not flat rather increasing. Fearing factor.
5. Need some reasonable time for preparation before appearing final exams as it will be one point of deciding the turning point of each student.
6. Conducting Exams amid uncertainties shall only lead to confusion & chaos.
7. On hearing the news of Examination Online/Physical, the students' mental & emotional stress reach peak on the top of already stress given by the pandemic.
8. There are vast disparities in access to the internet and problems of stable internet connection.
Kindly consider the above mentioned reasons and for well-being of the students, request you to look into the matter. Your sincere & kind consideration for Exams at the right time, right method will save one & all.
Note: We are collaborating with the entire NorthEast India students' Union/Organization to have jointly take up this matter to the relevant authorities for a logical steps/conclusion.