Defend Denny Creek
Linde Deep Well Ranch of Billings, MT is seeking a permit to create a 15 acre sand and gravel mining operation along Denny Creek Road, Gallatin County, Montana. This mining operation is scheduled to commence in February 2022 and will have a dramatic and disruptive impact on (1) the Denny Creek Road property owners, (2) USFS Permit holders along the southern/western shore of Hebgen Lake (Lonesomehurst, Romsett, etc.) and (3) outdoor enthusiasts from the local community and across the nation who travel Denny Creek Road each year to enjoy the pristine beauty and recreational opportunities of this area. Notice of this proposed mining operation was sent in November, 2021 to a few surrounding property owners near proposed site and provides for no public input. This mining operation will result in detrimental impacts to the environment, air quality, wildlife, water resources, roads, and general recreational activities along Denny Creek Road. Other concerns include:
- Impact to wildlife and fish supported by Denny Creek;
- Pollution including noise, light, dust & diesel fumes from mine operations;
- Potential aquifer disruption from heavy equipment and truck use;
- Increased heavy truck traffic on along Denny Creek Road;
- Destruction to the landscape and ecology;
- Availability of other locations less disruptive to recreational use along Denny Creek Road;
- Pedestrian safety concerns along Denny Creek Road;
- Traffic safety concerns at the busy and dangerous intersection with Highway 20;
- Potential damage to Denny Creek road due to constant heavy equipment use.
For these and other reasons, this proposed mining operation on Denny Creek Road should be stopped. Help us safeguard the natural beauty and serenity of this unique area that we have enjoyed for many generations. Join us as we "Defend Denny Creek"!