Atlanta Bar Association Privacy & Cybersecurity Law Section Petition
PLEASE HELP US REACH 100 SIGNATURES
All areas of the law are affected by the collection and dissemination of information. The privacy and cybersecurity law section should be a resource not only for those whose clients are directly affected by data regulations and technology advances, but for those who otherwise are unaware how the advancement of technology and the law will affect their work and the work of their clients. I intend for the section to host information events both on an advanced level and on a basic level so that all practitioners can be made aware of not only what to look out for, but how to spot issues.
Primary Issues Considered
- Data collection/processing/regulations
- Technology relevant to the above
- Monetization of data
- GDPR, CPP, CLOUD Act, etc.
- How to advise clients, no matter who they are (from estate planners to criminal defense firms)
- How to advise your own firms (whether solo or international)
- Technology available/current external threats via technology
- Practice Management
- We all must learn to adapt now to new circumstances due to Covid-19 - technology plays an integral role in allowing us to continue our practices, communication with our clients and our colleagues, and otherwise providing an improved legal field to the general public given the opportunities these circumstances provide.