Concerns from the BUXCTF Alumni
We, the alumni of the Boston University Men and Women’s Cross Country and Track and Field teams, are concerned about the current state of the Men and Women’s Cross Country and Track and Field program.
Our concerns stem from the the following perceived issues:
- The lack of transparency with current team members and alumni with the situation of Coach Paul Spangler leaving the team.
- The lack of communication with the current team members and alumni about Coach Paul Spangler leaving the team.
- Student athletes and alumni find through an online forum that Coach Paul Spangler is leaving rather than through the program itself or administration.
- The timing of the departure for Coach Spangler as these athletes are in the middle of a track season while some are not finished with their cross country season.
- The feelings of mistreatment and inequality to the distance program and the future of the Men and Women’s Cross Country programs.
We believe a track and field team is only as good as each discipline can be on its own. Without the support from leadership, we are concerned about the potential future state of the Men and Women’s Cross Country and Track and Field programs.
We understand a case has been made for the removal of Coach Paul Spangler. We still hold these concerns relating to current and future Terriers.
I, with my electronic signature, agree with the statements made above and want to see changes for the program for the better.