Change WVSSAC Swimming Officials Uniform
FOR WVSSAC SWIMMING OFFICIALS ONLY!!
Please sign this petition urging the WVSSAC Officials' Advisory Committee to change the uniform from white shirt/white pants to white shirt/navy pants. Here are a few very good reasons why.
- All major swim sanctioning organizations (i.e. USAS, YMCA, NCAA) have adopted the white over navy as the official uniform.
- NFHS rules removed the recommendation of white/white in the 2015-16 edition, leaving the decision to each Federation.
- Most Federations have moved from white/white to either white/navy or white/khaki.
- White shorts are in short supply during the winter season.
- As with major high school sports (i.e. football, basketball, baseball) the officials should dress in a manner consistent with officials at higher levels of the same sport.
Since this petition affects only a specific few individuals, we would ask that only WVSSAC Swimming Officials sign this petition. We know more of you would like to help, but at this time we would like to keep this petition on a private level. Thank you for your support!