Bridgewater State University's Game Center
Bridgewater State is a wonderful school. Although education here may be great, sometimes fun and entertainment seems to be more lacking. The game center can be a great way for students to receive the fun and entertainment they deserve in a safe atmosphere. Not only will it be a place to chill out, but it could include:
- 4 tv lounges (with gaming consoles & for watching netflix/cable)
- Arcade room run by quarters
- 2 Pool rooms (rec room) w/ pool table, ping pong, billiards, air hockey, foosball as well as shelves full of board games: monopoly, cards against humanity, regular cards, Yahtzee, scrabble, life, checkers, chess, apples to apples, candy land, cranium, Pictionary, battle ship, parcheesi, sorry, mancala, surgeon, shutes and ladders, etc
- Dining area w/ dancefloor, stage, and bar which will sell milkshakes/soda/water/smoothies/cocoa/popcorn/simple snacks, hold weekly dances/other events like bands, comedians, DJs, plays
- ·there will also be a few open rooms with just chairs and tables to chill in and host events in/club activities
The game center will be a great way to advertise the school to upcoming college freshmen. It will promote dorm life, for the school will look more interesting and attractive to students. It will also increase the time commuters stay on campus, adding to a brighter college atmosphere and increasing school revenue. The building will be self-sufficient, for it will be consistently making more money than it will cost. Students will pay a $5 entry fee that will give them full access for the entire day. Students will have more employment opportunities with an on-campus job through the implementation of the game center. They may work as a game attendant, at the ResNet help desk within the center, at the bar as a server/cashier, a SSO at the entrance, and as performance crew (DJs, bands, comedians, etc). With the addition of a non-alcoholic bar and game center on campus, it will promote a dry campus by providing to students a safe place to have fun close to their home/room without the “necessity” of sneaking alcohol around. It will decrease the chances of students getting into trouble through alcohol consumption and decrease uncontrollable party culture, thus reducing the risk of student injury/harassment/sexual assault/and death while at the same time improving the campus environment and economy.
If you're interested in this idea, please sign this petition and pass it along!