BOYCOTT MICHIGAN HUMANE SOCIETY
Michigan Humane Society has hidden their practices & procedures from donors and supporters for far too long. MHS continues to maintain a high kill rate in their facilities, while importing more "adoptable breeds" of dogs from out of state. Click here
As well as adopting out cats, that are known, or thought to be owned; before the state mandated hold period has expired. Click here
**WE THE PEOPLE WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT BUSINESSES AND ORGANIZATIONS THAT SUPPORT MHS**
We are calling all animal lovers to boycott the following entities, for the partnership they have established with MHS; through off-site adoption centers.
PET SMART -DEARBORN, MI
-5650 Mercury Dr
PET SMART -ROSEVILLE, MI
-20530 E 13 Mile Rd
PET SMART -TAYLOR, MI
- 23271 Eureka Rd
PETCO -STERLING HEIGHTS, MI
- 13701 Lakeside Circle
**BY CLICKING "SIGN PETITION" YOU HEREBY AGREE TO NOT SHOP AT THE ABOVE LOCATIONS, TO ENCOURAGE YOUR FRIENDS, FAMILY, NEIGHBORS, AND CO-WORKERS TO AVOID THE ABOVE (4) LOCATIONS; AND TO EXPLAIN TO THEM WHY.
*YOU ALSO AGREE NOT TO DONATE TIME OR MONEY TO ANY MHS, OR ANY MHS SPONSORED ACTIVITY.
>>donate to a Detroit rescue<<
10 REASONS TO BOYCOTT:
1. MHS does not even offer a 7 day guarantee on animals they adopt out.
>>>as seen in the case of "Sonny" the cat... Click here
2. MHS takes in an average of 10 dogs a day for Detroit, and kills 7
>>>as seen in their 2014 shelter report... Click here
3. MHS has handed over "unadoptable" dogs to local rescues, who have transformed them into loving pets... Click here
4. MHS Euthanizes dogs, who were once deemed adoptable, for treatable MEDICAL reasons occurring while in their custody (I.e.- happy tail syndrome)
>>>as seen in the case of Bryant, who was recently euthanized... Click here
5. MHS euthanizes dogs, who were once deemed adoptable, for BEHAVIORAL changes occurring while in their custody (i.e.- kennel crazy)
6. MHS spend much of their donations on in house lawyers, and marketing; in lieu of saving the lives of treatable animals.
>>>as seen in their most recent audit... Click here
7. MHS turns away "strays" and directs them to DAC although they claim to take in 5-6,000 strays a year in metro area.
>>>over 16 recently documented cases... Click here
8. MHS refuses to pick up strays at risk in Detroit, refer people to DAC yet claim to rescue 5-6,000 strays a year and having a contract with DAC to pick up strays.
>>>as seen in Barbara's story... Click here
9. MHS testifies against dog owners in bite situations where they have a vested financial claim in the outcome.
10. MHS contracts with cities to hold "bite" cases during the duration of a court case, yet do not offer that service to private citizens and then testify against the private citizens in court.
(of the untypical behaviour displayed as a result of being displaced & confined)
>>>as seen in Tracey's story... Click here
**This boycott will remain in effect until MHS changes their current procedures and practices OR the location in question no longer associate themselves with Michigan Humane Society**
WE ARE THE VOICE FOR THE VOICELESS
...We will be heard, they will be heard
Follow us on facebook: Click here