Blanket Fee Reduction on Third Semester’s E-Learning
As Gems (The Winchester School, Jebel Ali)Parents, we would like the Gems Management to provide schools with an Across-the-School Fees Reductions like many other schools are doing across UAE.
Your Means-Test Approach is unfair and this Relief Fund offer seems just like a sugar-coated Charity.
Pls understand we are Paying parents of the school and don’t want to be philanthropic cases.
1. People are being made redundant or sent on unpaid leave everyday. Therefore it’s
not a question of who is able to pay or not today,it’s a tough time financially for almost all.
2. At the beginning of the term, we signed-up to pay the full fee against a fully functioning school and all its facilities.
3. If due to circumstances the school has to resort to distance learning then a full school fees is simply unjustified and the E-Learning platform is definitely not worth the price. It is known world-wide that Distance learning charges lower fees than the on-site education.
4. If so many other schools are able to offer blanket discount to their entire school and look after their staff, we fail to understand why Gems is incapable of doing the same
5. Also getting constant reminders from school to pay or the distance learning will be disrupted for the students is really upsetting and adding to the current stressful circumstances
It is dissapointing to note that though we all are called the Gems/Winchester school family but in a time of crisis the school is being stingy in offering assistance to all and should not merely do ‘pick and choose’
It is also very disheartening to see Gems touting their charity efforts in front of parents, instead of stepping up to understand the reality of the situation.
Looking forward to a quick response so we can too pay the fees as required.
Parents of The Winchester School Jebel Ali