Black Votes Matter
56 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
56 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
Dear Fulton County Board of Registration and Election,
We, the undersigned residents of Fulton County, demand that you do not close or consolidate the precincts listed below as the proposed closures will disproportionately impact THOUSANDS of Black voters.
Each of the precinct consolidation proposals significantly and negatively impact voters residing in majority African American precincts.Here are the precincts below:
- Harper Archer Middle School (84% African-American)
- Towns Elementary School (88% African-American)
- Aviation Community Culture Center (63% African-American)
- John Birdine Neighborhood Facility (78% African-American)
- Southeast Library (84% African-American)
- Fickett Elementary School (87% African-American)
- Southwest Art Center (88% African-American)
- Peyton Forest School (84% African-American)
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church (89% African-American)
We believe that closure of these voting locations will pose an undue burden on the African American community and effectively disenfranchise thousands of voters.
The Undersigned Citizens of Fulton County,