Allow for One to One Music Lesson
Since Movement Control Order from 18th of March, it has been almost 2 months for music teachers and music schools to cease our business operation. In this trying times, some of us has opted to conduct online lessons in order to provide students with their necessary music education and also for us to continue sustaining part of our cost of living. However, there are many setbacks for online lessons:
1) Many parents do not accept online lesson as efficient teaching method and refuse to let their children take online lessons during MCO.
2) Bad internet connection has made many students unable to attend online lessons.
2) Request from parents for fees reduction for online lessons
3) Online lessons are not suitable for some young children below age of 7.
As many music teachers are self employed, this is a very difficult time for us to survive.
We hereby from music education industry, would like to appeal to allow for physical one to one music lessons.
We also understand the government concern on the potential spread of
Covid-19. Thus, we shall strictly follow SOP for Covid-19 prevention:
1) Teachers and students have to wear mask
2) Temperature check before entering to start lesson
3) Hand wash for 20 seconds and apply sanitizer before start lesson
4) All musical instruments, facilities and surfaces in classrooms will be disinfected after every lesson,
5) Avoid physical contact between teachers and students
6) Maintain social distancing at least 1 meter between teacher and student
7) And any other SOP required by government