AISD must uphold science, privacy, and age of consent
As Parents and / or Guardians, we send our children off to school in good faith for 180 days per year to be taught by our educational professionals.
We expect that their personal privacy and safety will always be of the utmost importance.
- This trust has been violated by allowing individuals of the opposite biological sex into multi-occupancy intimate spaces such as bathrooms and changing facilities.
We trust that our children will be taught only the truth and objective reality based in science.
- With regard to sexual orientation and gender identity this trust has been violated.
We trust that the administrators and teachers of Austin ISD will uphold all state laws regarding the age of consent for sexual activity, which is 17.
- This trust has been violated by allowing organizations such as Planned Parenthood to provide information to minors that encourages sexual experimentation and conduct.
We, as parents, taxpayers, and students petition our school board to adopt the following policy immediately:
1. The official position of the Austin Independent School District with respect to gender, based on established scientific knowledge on genetics, physiology and neuroscience, will be that there are only two biological genders: male and female. This shall be the official position of the school district in all policies and in teaching materials presented to the students.
2. Children will be taught the objective reality that sex is biological and immutable, and that gender is inextricably linked to sex.
3. Gender dysphoria will be taught and described as a mental health condition to be treated with respect and dignity, as with any other physical or mental disability. Gender dysphoria is defined as "Unhappiness with one's biological sex or its usual gender role, with the desire for the body and role of the opposite sex." Students with gender dysphoria will be given private accommodations for restrooms, showers, lockers, changing facilities.
4. Furthermore, Austin ISD will teach and uphold all Texas laws regarding the age of consent for sexual activity. No organization that promotes underage sexual activity of any kind will be allowed access to AISD facilities or students.
For more information, visit www.concernedparentsofaustin.com.