A25 ACTION GROUP
326 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
326 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
We, the undersigned, ask Kent County Council and Surrey County Council:
* To STOPHEAVY TRAFFIC RUINING our BEAUTIFUL, HISTORIC VILLAGES (in and around Chevening, Sundridge, Brasted, Brasted Chart, Westerham, Toys Hill, Ide Hill, Limpsfield and Oxted).
* ToRESTRICT TRAFFIC USING THE A25 AS A CUT THROUGH to by-pass the M25.The M25 is the by-pass. To STOP large lorries passing through our villages except for those making deliveries.
We are anAREA OF OUTSTANDING NATURAL BEAUTY.
* ToREDUCE SPEED– both for theSAFETYof residents and to deter traffic. Not one man, woman or child should have to die or suffer before action is taken.
* To MINIMISE NOISE, DAMAGE TO ROADS/PROPERTY, CONGESTION.
We are a CONSERVATION AREA. We have many LISTED BUILDINGS.
* To COMBAT POLLUTION - our air is being POISONED. Many places are far above national ‘safe’ averages in nitrogen dioxide.
* To considerRECLASSIFYINGtheA25 TO B ROAD STATUS. TheA25isNOT A TRUNK ROAD. It is a Publicly Maintainable, Single 2-Lane Carriageway (according to the KCC Road Gazetteer Report of June 2013) .
IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE: Traffic is increasing. Developments, landfills, new haulage routes - these inflict ever more plight. Misuse of the A25 gives access to country lanes that are being used as rat runs by heavy traffic.
JUSTIFIABLY ANGRY RESIDENTS: We all know this problem has beenSUFFEREDfor many years. WE PAY OUR TAXES and WE VOTEin the people who have the power to make the right decisions and correct the problems, and run this countryin ways that serve theBEST INTERESTS AND VALUES OF THE PEOPLE.We wantACTIONto be taken on the above stated issuesNOW.
Something CAN be done. If we get enough signatures, we have a case with our local MP and county councils.
You can help. Residents, schools, businesses.
If you already have an action group in the area, please get in touch and we can link you in/support you. This is for all of us on and around the A25.
Please add your signature to our petition and spread the word - please ask everybody in your family, all your friends to sign! There are hard copies being signed in local areas too.
We also want to create an INCIDENT LOG to capture bad driving experiences on our roads over the next few months. Please let us know about all near misses, overtaking, speeding, etc, by emailing the petition sponsoron the link above.
A25 Action Group
Brasted Parish Council
Westerham Town Council
Sundridge with Ide Hill Parish Council
Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty
DEFRA on Air Pollution
Map of the A25 and M25 running parallel
Air Quality Management Areas
(our villages exceed safe averages)
Road classification guide
(the councils govern road status)
Example of an A Road
downgraded to a B road
KCC Objective for HGV Road Signs
Has anybody seen our signs?
Check out P.68 of the Local Transport Plan
Where are our signs?
Brasted Traffic Survey in July
as a result of first petition:
Supreme Court rules that the UK
government is failing legal duty on
British Medical Bulletin about the
dangers of Nitrogen Dioxide:
Why is killer diesel still in our air?
Telegraph article, July 2013