Movement for a People's Party to Worcester City Council for Preparedness during election
11 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
11 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
We are calling on Worcester City Council, our Mayor Joe Petty, and the Worcester Election Commission to:
- Publish the fact sheet in our local news papers to alert the public on how to respond should any disturbance at our local polling locations be observed <https://www.law.georgetown.edu/icap/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Voter-Intimidation-Fact-Sheet.pdf>
- Enact a fast 911 response, by providing relevant personal with guidelines
- Reengage Worcester Police training on deescalation procedures, so as to restore the peace among conflicting parties before, during, and after the election
- Recognize the situation is highly volatile
- Understand that there may be many people in and around the polls representing a whole spectrum of interest, including our members from a nascent People’s Party, and that it is essential for police to responsibly differentiate those who pose a real threat from others, so as to not themselves provoke, as has occurred many times in many places part of the #BlackLivesMatter protests.