3945 Judah Feedback
To: Members of the Planning Department
From: Residents of the Judah Outer Sunset Neighborhood.
We have concerns about the project at 3945 Judah St as described in 2018-000468CUA4 and related applications. We request that the current plans be denied pending review of these concerns.
Our concerns include one or more of the following (see comments for specifics by individual signer):
- Height - Too tall for the context. This area is not even built to the current code maximum of 40 ft, and a special exemption will make this building out of place for decades to come.
- Design - Massing and design are inconsistent with the district and will negatively affect the desirable character of the neighborhood.
- HomeSF - This exception for additional height in exchange for 25% 'affordable' units will negatively affect the area with little or no benefit, as the density in the area is already well below normal planning regulations.
- Parking - While recent ordinance revisions require no minimum parking, a project of this size in a small neighborhood like ours will have a huge effect on local parking for businesses and homes. As the density of the project is so much higher than the neighborhood, more parking should be required, especially for housing encouraging families.
- NIMBY/YIMBY - We are not NIMBYs, and we would like to see the parcel developed, but this approach for increasing housing is much too extreme for this area. Many of us prefer ADUs IMBY, in fact (see comments).
- (See other comments below)