We the undersigned, all whom own property in The Eagles subdivision located in Odessa, Florida, Hillsborough County, oppose the rezoning in our neighborhood as stated in application number MM 10-0793 for one or more of the following reasons.
1. We would like the current zoning to stay in place, as it was when we purchased our properties.
2. The current owners have neither the means nor the intentions of implementing the plan in the application. This request is merely a tactic to make the sale of the property more attractive to prospective buyers.
3. Setting the precedent to rezone commercial to residential opens a very real possibility of future development of the golf courses, and other non-residential properties.
4. With foreclosures at an all time high, and Eagles residents unable to sell their homes at a reasonable price, there is no need to develop additional housing through the rezoning of property that is currently not zoned residential.
5. Because new residential housing is not needed, the approval of this type of application will result in unnecessary destruction of areas which are currently inhabited by a wide variety of wildlife, including deer, turkey, wading birds, birds of prey, peacocks, and alligators, just to name a few.
No comments yet.join the discussion
Curtis H Parry Jr, United States4 years ago Comments: -
carolyn Ames, United States4 years ago Comments: no
Stephen @carolyn Ames, United States4 years ago Comments: We agree with all the items in the petition. Please do not allow this rezoning to happen.. We have every hope that the good judgement of the commission will prevail. This is not good for this community. Even the pool here has been in poor shape for the four years since we moved here, even when we had a club membership.
There are no highlights yet.