Your participation is crucial if we are to see Hunter’s Choice 4/4 adopted for a three (3) year trial period starting with the 2013 deer hunting season.
The Natural Resources Commission (NRC) has responded to the Southern Lower Peninsula Deer Management Initiative (SLP DMI) by stating that they would, “feel more comfortable” if the HC 4/4 proposal were to follow the Mandatory Antler Point Restriction process. This process would require SLP DMI to do several things not limited to those described below.
1. Make a formal proposal to the MDNR by September 1, 2012.
2. Fund a survey at a cost to SLP DMI of several thousand dollars payed by August 2013.
3. Obtain 66% support (super majority) from the survey.
4. If passed, the proposal would not be implemented until the fall of 2014 and for a (5) year trial period.
5. After the (5) year trial period (2019) the survey would be repeated and would require 66% support for permanent implementation.
The SLP DMI is petitioning the NRC to exercise their authority granted to them by the Michigan Senate under the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act (NREPA) Act 451 of 94, Part 401, item 3. The NRC can then direct the Michigan Department of Natural Resources to modify restrictions to the current “Combination Deer License”.
By signing this petition you are supporting the NRC’s authority to direct the MDNR to make those modifications.
The SLP DMI will present petitions to the NRC during it’s August 9th meeting. Therefore, time is of the essence. Please act now by signing this petition.
The views expressed in this petition are solely those of the petition's sponsor and do not in any way reflect the views of iPetitions. iPetitions is solely a provider of technical services to the petition sponsor and cannot be held liable for any damages or injury or other harm arising from this petition. In the event no adequate sponsor is named, iPetitions will consider the individual account holder with which the petition was created as the lawful sponsor.