Dump Sweeney & Oliver
Demand the Removal of Senate President, Stephen Sweeney and Assembly Speaker, Sheila Oliver From Leadership Positions
We the undersigned citizens and registered voters of
WE STATE AND BELIEVE :
1. Sweeney and Oliver betrayed core principles of the Democratic Party by engineering the passage of Governor Christie’s State Pension and Health Benefits Bill, including the destruction of public sector collective bargaining rights.
2. Sweeney and Oliver handed Governor Christie his greatest legislative victory to date, thereby greatly strengthening the Republican Party in
3. Sweeney and Oliver advanced the bill, contrary to the wishes of the majority of the members of Democratic Caucuses of both the Senate and the Assembly.
4. Sweeney and Oliver voted for Christie’s State Pension and Health Benefits Bill, despite the fact that the majority of the members of Democratic Caucuses of both the Senate and the Assembly voted against it.
5. Sweeney and Oliver failed to negotiate anything in exchange for their vote, such as advancing the Democratic Party’s legislative goal of the Millionaires Tax . Instead, Governor Christie announced before even signing the Pension and Health Benefits Bill that he would veto the Democrat’s Budget and the Millionaires Tax.
6. It is widely believed that Sweeney and Oliver made the deal to enact the State Pension and Health Benefits Bill for the benefit of George Norcross, Joe Divincenzo and Steve Adubato, Sr., and not for the benefit of the People of New Jersey nor for the Democratic Party. Sweeney and Oliver thus brought disrepute to the Democratic Party as an essentially corrupt organization beholden to political bosses.
7. The majority of the Democratic Caucuses in the Senate and the Assembly that opposed Sweeney and Oliver on the Pension and Health Benefits Bill cannot permit them to remain in their leadership positions. Leaders who engineer the defeat of their own Party’s principles are political traitors, and cannot continue to stand as the two most powerful elected “leaders” of the Democratic Party in the State of
8. The Democratic Caucuses in the Senate and the Assembly have the power to remove Steve Sweeney from his position as President of the Senate and to remove Sheila Oliver from her position as Assembly Speaker. They must do so immediately in order to reclaim the Democratic Party’s soul prior to the November Elections .
We invite you to download a copy of the petition to collect signatures from your family, friends and co-workers, then return them by mail to: NJ-CAN, P.O. Box 54, Collingswood, NJ 08108
Come join us and help to Take Back New Jersey for the working families.
3 weeks agoAdrian McManus3 weeks ago
4 weeks agoElizabeth Castro4 weeks ago
4 weeks agoJesse Kunkle4 weeks ago
4 weeks agojoseph lamanteer4 weeks ago
11 months agoRon Hoglund11 months ago
1 year agoSteven Bayruns1 year ago
1 year agoJohn Russo1 year ago
1 year agoSteve Choma1 year ago
1 year agoRichard Polhamus1 year ago
1 year agoBrien Czuj1 year ago
1 year agoBeth Anne West1 year ago
1 year agoWayne M Ashton1 year ago
1 year agoJerry torre1 year ago
1 year agoGeorge Zee United States1 year ago
1 year agoJared Birnbaum1 year ago