West Pikeland Twp. Act 537 Plan
82 signers. Add your name now!
82 signers. Almost there! Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
Background: The Pickering Estates Community (referred to in this document as “Community”) was specifically identified in the Act 537 draft that has been released by the township supervisors for a public comment period that ends on February 1, 2012. The residents of this community have held three meetings to review and discuss the contents of the Act 537 draft proposal. In addition, many of the residents of this community attended the Township public meeting on January 18, 2012, that was also specifically held to review and discuss the Act 537 draft. Based on the information presented by township representatives and discussions within the Pickering Estates community, the residents viewed it was important at this stage in the process to provide the township with some collective feedback.Therefore, this petition, as stated below, was created.Petition: Do you believe that the West Pikeland Township Supervisors should reconsider releasing this version of the ACT 537 plan draft that was made available for township comments in January 2012 to county or state officials as normally required? As property owners specifically within this community affected by this plan or as property owners outside of this community, but also affected, by the West Pikeland Township plan, do you believe this plan:
1. Does not contain comprehensive information that projects the sewage disposal and quality water requirements of the entire Township over the next 20 years, as the Act 537 plan’s stated purpose?
- We believe the township needs for both septic treatment and to ensure quality water for it’s residents will be greater than today’s proposed target area. This includes future needs within the RD district as many properties within this area do not meet current engineering best practices and/ or will face age related issues.
2. Does not contain enough scientific or other required data on the current situation with our community to reach a decision point?
- We believe pumping records alone do not represent all the data, on which, a decision of this size and cost should be reached.
- We believe real estate statements in the plan regarding failing systems does not accurately mention the homes in the community that have successfully installed new systems at considerable expense.
3. Has not been well discussed at a local level to ensure it is a well-developed plan with full transparency?
- We believe that one public meeting is not enough on a topic of this size and scope for both our community and for West Pikeland Township.
Desired Outcome: As concerned property owners within West Pikeland township do you believe a viable Act 537 plan:
1. Must present a long-term view and solution for both waste and quality water needs of the entire township.
2. Requires off-site treatment of waste and provides public drinking water within the RD district.
3. Can include short-term actions for a community as long as these actions fit within the scope of a long-term strategy for the township.
4. Must be fiscally responsible to the township, communities and property owners.
5. Must be clear in actionable objectives, goals and associated timelines. We should expect progress steps to be completed in a timely manner that is respectful of the township, community and property owners.
6. Must be transparent in its development, approval and execution.
By signing this petition, you are stating yes to the questions above.