Winter 2020 - Semester Exams offline and online option to be given
Respected Principal Sir,
And all HODs,
This letter is purely a request from students studying in your college, We request you to kindly consider shifting exams to on-line mode. Due to the rising COVID issue.
Sir, Following are the reasons because of which we are moved to request this to you :
1. For the last 4 days, we have witnessed a major surge in active COVID infected cases in the state of Maharashtra. Pune is still the worst hit district of the state. We as students do not feel secure in travelling from different parts of country using various travel means. We have known COVID as a deadly virus, hence we and our parents are naturally very very scared.
2. We all are very focused and determined students who want to make a mark in our careers. Hence, we understand the importance of education and examinations. The decision to conduct offline exams came as shock to both us and our parents. We are now faced with a big dilemma "What should matter more? Education and exams or safety and well-being of students." We believe this dilemma can only be solved if the college decided to shift exams to online mode.
3. Another very major dis-comfort would be arranging for travel, food and accommodation. We are writing this on Feb 22' 2021. The exams are scheduled to start from March 17. Leaving us with only 23 days to arrange for these essential things. While still being able to prepare well for the exams.We hope you understand, this is extremely demanding!
4. For last 2 semesters, the classes were conducted in online mode. The quality of learning was also as per online standards. Taking an offline pen-paper exam for courses that we studied online, seems unfair to us.
5. We understand clearly the arguments like "Bachelors of Technology is a technical course". To which we students argue. Last batch of our college were also declared passed and qualified to be an engineer, despite the course being made completely remote due to COVID. We understand the situation then was very poor, but it has not improved much either now.
6. We also understand that like us, part of students would be wanting offline exams for various reasons as well. We stand in acceptance of there reasons. Hence, we believe by giving the option of both Offline and Online to students, college will be able to satisfy both group of students.
7. We also understand that it is very difficult for college to conduct online exams flawlessly, as our course is a technical course. Adding to this, there were major platform/connectivity/technical problems being faced by students. We also stand in acceptance of this fact. But we argue, GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) being the biggest and most reputable exam of country is also conducted online. What's more to note is the fact that GATE is also a technical based exam. College can always source better resources which would enable flawless online examination.
We hope that you would feel the pain and understand that our reasons are genuine. We as your students also hope to get a considering response from your desk. Looking to hear back from.
In the hope of our reasons being considered, 450+ students have signed this letter and are sitting fingers crossed for a positive response.
523 Number of students from your college