Ashley G 0

The William Miller Petition

25 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
Ashley G 0 Comments
25 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now

On June 15th, 2006 eighth graders gathered at their middle school for their graduation dance. A gathering that should have been the celebration of moving onto their highschool career. But as you looked around the room there were no smiling faces; everyone was morning the loss of a teenage boy full of potential, full of life - William Miller. Billy Miller woke up that morning claiming that he didnt feel good. He stayed home and went back to sleep, where he slowly died of carbon monoxide poisoning. The carbon monoxide came from a malfunction in the generator that his family was using for electricity. Billy was known by almost all the students and teachers in his middle school. Whether it was from classes, chorus, or computer club. Even though Billy\'s passing is hard on his family, he is still considered a hero, for if he had not died, his whole family would have been gone. The students of the town are raising money in anyway possible to help pay for Billy\'s funeral and to help turn the family\'s electricty back on. But why stop there Why not trying to pervent another untimely death on hundreds of thousands of other people It is just unfortunate that it took the passing of Billy to make the true danger of carbon monoxide clear. THE GOAL OF THIS PETITION IS: to insist that the goverment and electric companies not be allowed to turn off the electric in any house in which there are kids living.


This petition was the idea of multiple students attending the same school district as Billy regardless if they knew him or not.


You can\'t smell it, see it or taste it, but it could be with you right now. It is carbon monoxide. Be aware of the symptoms and how to pervent carbon monoxide posioning.
Share for Success