Wheatley Point Duplex Project
To: Schlagel & Associates; Covenant Custom Homes
The petition of concerned Canyon Creek residents regarding the proposed rezoning and development of Wheatley Point duplexes at the southeast corner of McCormack Drive and Prairie Star Parkway (Canyon Creek Highlands' main entrance).
- Duplexes will lower the property values of not only those directly south of the proposed location (W. 95th Terrace), but for much if not all of the Canyon Creek community.
- Traffic will increase on McCormick Drive while current traffic is already congested. School traffic and many kids walking, running, and playing in the area creates a safety concern.
- The proposed location is the community's main entrance. Duplexes at our main entrance is not something anyone wants to see especially when trying to sell a property.
- Current plans show some of the dwellings will only be 30 feet from the property lines for those on the north side of W. 95th Terrace.
- Lack of a berm and proper privacy/landscaping for those on W. 95th Terrace.
- Concern for the upkeep and maintenance of the duplexes in comparison to Canyon Creek's HOA laws and requirements.
The petitioners therefore request the City of Lenexa to deny the proposed rezoning and development of Wheatley Point at the southeast corner of McCormack Drive and Prairie Star Parkway.