Well prepared teachers=Well prepared students
Teachers need legally mandated preparation and planning time. That's why Cy-Fair AFT and its members petition the CFISD board members to
- enact a policy which respects the law section 21.404 from the Texas Education Code
- change the employee handbook policy regarding collaborative planning wording from "at least one time a week" to "no more than one time a week"
- implement the usage of agendas with specified allotted times required meetings
- enact a policy which will favor written read-only communication in lieu of face to face meetings when possible
- enact a policy which will allow team meeting attendees to type their notes during their collaborative team meetings
- enact a policy which will limit before and after school meetings to no more than 2 hours per month
Your time is valuable as well as your students.
Help us help you!