WE HAVE CHANGED
We have become a Prison Nation incarcerating nearly
4 million people; 27 million are under supervision and close to 2.5 million juveniles
have been arrested since 2009. WHC focuses
on imprisonment within Ohio with
3 major target areas.
(A) Abolition of the Parole Board, (B) Sentencing guidelines are adhered to for all inmates and (C) Rehabilitation is recognized through-out Ohio.
We are petitioning for 400,000 signatures to present to Ohio State Legislature Governor John Kasich Office that Prison Reform is needed in Ohio and through-out the United States.
We propose the following:
(1) Elimination of the Ohio Adult Parole Board Authority in its entirety
(2) Reduction of prison overcrowding (Begin a process of release for old law prisoners sentenced before 1996)
(3) Retro-active penalties to Judges that have sentenced outside of Ohio commissioned sentencing guidelines
(4) Re-Entry program accountability (All re-entry programs that were given monies by the state of Ohio with-in the last 10 years be mandated to present successful data that justifies their programming cost and community re-entry success statistics
(5) Reduction of the recidivism rate utilizing alternative programming for lesser crimes such as 4th & 5th degree felonies
(6) Transitional housing be establish for felons being released
(7) Ensure that all parole and probation departments are adhering to all community re-entry procedures.
Thank you very much for your support for more information please review or blog and links section. WHC