Glenn Ashdown 0


19 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
Glenn Ashdown 0 Comments
19 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now

WE WANT TO STAY SEH Your home is under threat For the past 7 years residents of council homes in Southend have been successfully managed by South Essex Homes as an Armed Length Management Organisation (ALMO). Over the years you have got where necessary, new bathrooms, kitchens, roofs or windows to your properties. In 2011 Southend Borough Council (SBC) decided to undertake a review of the council housing stock and determine through due process whether or not to take your homes back under its wing doing away with the need for South Essex Homes. What will this mean to you as a council tenant in Southend? By the end of March 2013, 90% of all council housing will be up to the Decent Homes Standard, leaving 10% of homes failing that standard. Should your homes be taken back by SBC then we at Southend Tenants and Residents Federation believe that the 10% of homes that do not meet the standard will take a long time to bring up to a standard that others enjoy. Should your homes go back to SBC they could, in the future, consider selling the council houses off to a housing association which could mean repairs and or upgrades to your home will be minimal and below the standard you get now. Southend Tenants and Residents Federation are the local organisation working on your behalf to get your views on our homes going back to SBC and ask you to sign our petition.

Share for Success