We Need Nature - Make your postcode MUCH greener!
Why is Nature So Important?
Nature brings us everything we need to survive: food, shelter, water, warmth.
Also and just as important, nature makes our lives richer, ranging from viewing brilliant British green landscapes to watching busy bees in summer at work.
I want to remind everyone how important it is to restore and preserve nature everywhere, not just in our nature reserves but in our cities, towns, countrysides, rivers and seas.
Nature needs the support of people like you. From saving bees to defending our nature laws, there are many ways you can get involved in your local area. If you believe this is important, as I do, please help me raise awareness by reaching 1000 signatures!
What Can you Do?
- Carry a reusable cup or flask. 2.5bn coffee cups are thrown away in the UK every year. That is 7 million a day!
- We still need to stop using plastic bags for shopping. Whilst most supermarkets have greener rules for shopping there are still too many plastic bags out there! Also stop throwing them away in our rivers, lakes and seas!
- Stop using plastic cutlery in shops and cafes.
- Stop using plastic straws. It wouldn't be a disaster to drink without straws and we would be saving our ocean and protecting our marine life.
- Stop buying food from supermarkets with plastic packaging or containers. It has been suggested that if we carry on as we are there will be more plastic items in our oceans than fish by 2050!