No Ward 4 Wal-Mart
people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
people have signed. Add your voice!
Stop the Corporate Developer Influence
WE, the residents of Ward 4, demand that our representatives support us in keeping Wal-Mart out of our community. Our goal is for Upper Georgia Avenue to thrive; not become a sea of abandoned buildings with a Wal-Mart at the center. The proposed Wal-Mart will:
• Prevent further economic development
• Depress the retail wages in a community
• Put small businesses at risk, reducing the number of total
• Increase traffic on already congested streets
• Decrease local residential property values
Ward Four Thrives is neighbors, business owners, and allies committed to community-led development in our neighborhoods. Together we will work to stop Wal Mart from moving in. There are alternatives, and we will work with the city to find one that will bring living wage jobs, responsible development, and just business practices to our neighborhood.
Please check out the Ward 4 Thrives
blog to learn about upcoming meetings and information on why Wal-Mart is wrong for our community.