Walnut Grove Noise Petition - Development 9700 block 203rd Street Permit Application No. 100682
In reference to Township of Langley Development Permit Application No. DP100682 (Krahn Engineering Ltd/9700 Block of 203rd Street). Please sign and voice your comments even if repetitive. Of concern to residents in the area are not only aesthetic but primarily the noise factor from such a facility. Residents want to ensure noise is not heard from this proposed Industrial Truck Repair Facility, and increased truck traffic, near (and in some cases, beside) a residential area. If such a facility were to be in the neighborhood, residents would like, at minimum, a sound absorbing high wall around the facility.
With such a facility we may expect to have:
1. Increased large diesel truck traffic.
2. Noise from air tools, chisel hammers, trucks backing up, revving engines being worked on. Noise from our balconies/upper level widows will be heard, especially on quiet evenings.
3. Danger for kids and others on streets/sidewalks as 203rd road ways are narrow for large semi traffic.
4. Property value decrease if noise is a concern for future neighbourhood buyers.
5. Quiet evenings on street will not be as pleasant with air tools and rigs running if sound barrier is not designed or constructed properly, and residents and their children being awakened from noises, as the facility currently operates (in it's current location) 6am-12 midnight, and is open on weekends.
6. View for homes adjacent/near facility when leaves fall of trees.
7. Paint booth is allowed. This company is ICBC accredited and if they put in a paint booth for the rigs/tractors it would be large with large equipment on roof which would be added noise as well as potential odor due to prevailing winds. Residents insist that roof equipment to have sound absorbent barrier walls around roof equipment.
8. Ensure yard and building lighting does not impact the neighborhood, specifically from our homes/upper levels on 204th Street.
9. Ensure we see final design before further permits are issued.
10. Ensure 203rd is not proposed to be modified (i.e.. for trailers pulled by the tractors/rigs)? Currently road is very narrow and once facility is in may request meridians taken out as truck wheels may be hitting them. Dangerous area for semi tractor trailers when it's a common walking area for residents.
Residents are highly concerned about the existence of such a facility, and at minimum, expect the Township of Langley to ensure some extreme soundproofing and visual aesthetic maintenance of such a development in a new residential area.