Vote NO on HB2610
84 signers. Add your name now!
84 signers. Almost there! Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
To The members of the Senate Committee on Government Operations, Tribal Relations, & Elections:
Craig Pridemore email@example.com Chair - democrat (360)786-7696
Margarita Prentice firstname.lastname@example.org Vice Chair - democrat (360)786-7616
Dan Swecker email@example.com Ranking - republican (360)786-7638
Don Benton firstname.lastname@example.org - republican (360)786-7632
Maralyn Chase email@example.com - democrat (360)786-7662
Sharon Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org - democrat (360)786-7667
Pam Roach email@example.com - republican (360)786-7660
We the undersigned request that you vote NO on HB2610.
Reasons for a vote against House Bill 2610 include:
1. The State should not abrogate/rescind an agreement that was the critical inducement for the city of Houghton to abandon its autonomy and merge with the city of Kirkland in 1968.
2. The State should not involve itself in a local issue with legislation that has not been requested or supported by the Kirkland City Council. There has been no public outcry for this legislation.
3. Houghton Community Municipal Corporation has worked very effectively with Kirkland's city council and staff for over forty years.
4. The state already has a process in RCW 35.14 that can terminate the Municipal Corporation by a public vote every four years. There has never been any concerted effort made to influence a public vote to terminate the Municipal Corporation.
5. Courts have held “Procedural due process requires notice which
is reasonably calculated under the circumstances to apprise affected parties of
pending action and to afford them an opportunity to present their objections.”
[Version 3.1 Planning Association of Washington. Page 4-2.]
No notice has been given to the citizens of Houghton or Kirkland, and enacting HB 2610 would deprive property owners of a right previously enjoyed. At minimum, personal
notice and hearing are required.
Citizens to save Houghton Community Council