Villamas for Repairs and Property Improvements of Verde @ Ara Damansara
Dear fellow owner, joint-owner and tenant of Verde.
As owner, joint-owner and tenant of Verde. We would like to direct your attention to the following problems, and ask that we jointly request the developer Villamas / Lembah Penchala to take prompt action to correct the following issues:
- Common Area and Property Defects. We request that the defects in the common area and property be rectified, maintain and keep in a state of good and serviceable repair condition. At present, there are problems of building roof leakage / water seepage, carpark B1 level roof leakage / water seepage problem, common walkways flooring in poorly built and uneven conditions; and water ponding in common area and building corridors. These situations are unbearable as we are all being sold with the idea that Verde is “A Hotel-Inspired Living Experience.” As such, we ask that the developer immediately do the necessary rectifications to provide proper roof waterproofing for all the 4 blocks and car park level B1 as we are nearing or into the Monsoon period of the year and the other defects as stated. We also ask that we conduct a joint walkabout with the developer within the development to highlights and identify the intensity of the defects.
- Inadequate Security. We request that the security of Verde be improved. At present, there are gaps in guest and contractor access control, malfunction self-closing door at car park entries into lift lobbies and fire / emergency doors entry access. These situations are intolerable given the fact that there had been recent cases of burglaries in the vicinity of Ara Damansara. As such, we ask that the developer to look into the possibility of installing security cameras at lift lobbies, within each lifts and at various building level common corridors. We also ask that the developer consult a security specialist to develop an overall plan for improved building security and safety.
- Establishment of a Joint Management Body (JMB). With most of the unit in Verde handed over to the respective Purchaser and govern by the Building and Common Property (Maintenance and Management) Act, 2007, we ask for the immediate establishment of the JMB to enable the Purchasers and Developer to jointly manage the buildings and common properties before the issuance of strata tittles and formation of Management Corporation (MC).
The duties of the JMB will include:
- To properly maintain the common property and keep it in a state of good and serviceable repair.
- To determine and impose charges that is necessary for the repair and proper maintenance of the common property.
- To insure and keep insured the building to the replacement value of the building against fire and such other risk as may be determined by the Body.
- To apply insurance moneys received by the Body in respect of damage to the building for the rebuilding and reinstatement of the building.
- To comply with any notices or orders given or made by the local authority or any competent public authority.
- To prepare and maintain a register of all purchasers of the building.
- To ensure that the building maintenance fund is audited and to provide audited financial statements for the information to the Purchasers.
- To enforce house rules.