University Standardized Grading
This is a Formal Resolution Petition to create standardized grading university wide. This petition addresses the needs of one grading criteria to create consistency while reducing unnecessary added stress and confusion amongst program classes due to an inadequate grading structure.
- Create a reliable structure to track grading trends
- Reduce student/professor discourse
- Provide academic goal setting through accurate GPA reflection
- Accurately award scholarships and grants based on a universal grading scale
- Reduce mental health concerns reflected from confusion & inconsistent grading scales
- Increase transparency with student grades in a timely manner for student tracking
Based on the best practices and policies of our peer institutions, there are standardized grading policies within those universities. Standardized grading policies promote structure, organization, and clear communication, while avoiding discourse, time-consuming student point tracking, and inner-disciplinary animosity.
University standardized grading will still allow professors to have academic freedom to teach and assess students based on their expertise in assigned subject matter. It is our responsibility as students to meet the university criteria of passing a demarcated “grade level.” It is the university’s responsibility to set a standardized grading policy to create an environment of consistency, eliminating unnecessary student stress and confusion amongst the natural academic stressors of the rigorous programs at NWHSU.
For further questions/comments email: email@example.com