With the launch of Skyactiv Mazda 3 CKD recently, there is a very huge gap between the specification and the pricing compared to CBU unit. Many of us have bought the CBU unit as we are told that CBU are always better than CKD unit in terms of quality and the specification of the imported vehicle from Japan. We strongly feel that we have mislead by the Mazdasales agents with such information due to all the issue that CBU owners are facing currently.
There are few issues which CBU unit is facing currently:
1. The vehicle lower arm bush is having some noise after some times. There is no recall from Mazda Malaysia regarding this issue. We were told that the part is not suitable for Malaysia weather usage. However, most of the owners have send their vehicle for inspection and replacement, but after few months, the noise still come back especially during rainy days. Until now, there is no permanent solution yet.
2. Some of the CBU owner have made complain regarding the vehicle interior dashboard is having some noise when cruising. However, there is no finding on the issue.
3. The vehicle steering will be lock when the engine is turned off and the door is opened. However, the locking sound is getting louder in longer period. Until now, there is no feedback from the service center regarding this issue.
4. The new technology, Skyactiv gearbox. Some of the owner is having issue whereby the transmission is having some lag during gear 1 to gear 2 at low speed and caused the vehicle in "choking" situation.
5. The i-Stop function is making a huge vibration to the engine and the whole vehicle when it re-activate the engine. We strongly believe this will cause harm to the engine mounting in longer run. Some owner have raised this issue to the service center, however, there is nothing can be done for that.
With all the issue stated above, we do not think that CBU unit was offering us a better quality and specification vehicle. In view of all above mentioned, we hope that Bermaz could extend the warranty from 3 years / 60,000KM to 5 years / 100,000KM. As a token of compensation, we also hope that Bermaz would be able to offer the CBU owner a upgrade packages for the huge gap between CKD & CBU with a reasonable price.