34 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
34 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
As a parent of a toddler, I spend much time in the Underhill Avenue playground Prospect Heights area in Brooklyn, NY. The downed trees in the Underhill Avenue playground are most unfortunate, since they provided much natural beauty and shade to those parents who much like myself sit down to watch our children play.
Speaking to most parents in the playground, the shade will sorely missed, but a better solution, in my mind would be replacing them with sandboxes for a variety of reasons:
1. the fallen trees are already on the 2-5 year old side of the playground, and this would help concentrate the ages in their respective play areas.
2. the area is already welled, so it has a built in facet for childhood protection, much like the 3rd avenue playground in park slope
3. trees will most likely be removed anyways so placing sand in there should be simple
4. sandboxes should be fairly cheap and require little to no upkeep expenditure wise
5. 2 trees have fallen, so it's possible to replace one with a tree and another with sandbox, it would satisfy parties who want trees.
6. adds another play element to the playground
It think this could be a win win situation for the community. Please support this idea by signing this petition.
Shakil A. Quazi
parent to Khalil, 2 years old
Prospect Heights resident