1. From creation all mankind have been subject to the Creator and to Divine Authority.
2. A person’s obligation to God is directly related to that person’s knowledge and understanding of God’s ways and purpose.
3. God will raise from the dead, judge, reward or punish whomsoever He will, baptized or unbaptized.
4. Responsibility to God is known only by Him, and we can with thankfulness leave such matters in His hands. “Shall not the judge of all the earth do right?”
5. No person can evade any form of the judgments of God including the possibility of being raised from the dead for punishment, by refusing to be baptized.
We believe that assent to these five principles by an Unamended believer relating to this doctrinal issue, without any additional affirmations, should be sufficient for a UA08 ecclesia to extend fellowship at the Lord's Table to such an individual or to an ecclesia that formally embraces this interpretation of the UA08 agreement.
DO YOU SUPPORT THIS PROPOSAL?
Do you agree with these 5 principles relating to responsibility as stated above?
Do you believe these 5 principles are sufficient as stated without any additional affirmations, to describe the intent of what the UA08 agreement requires of Unamended believers relating to the responsibility issue?
Do you agree that members of the Unamended community who agree to these 5 principles without reservation, should be welcomed to "break bread" by a UA08 ecclesia without any additional affirmations?
If you are able to respond “yes” to all three questions, please add your NAME followed by your ECCLESIA where it says NAME below (e.g. John Doe, Springdale, NY).
(While you are asked to enter a valid email account to establish legitimacy, it is not retained by the site or on the petition. It is not available for viewing or use by others including the authors of this site. Also, certain adverts may appear at the side which are not associated with this petition (part of the "cost" of using a free site).
While this proposal is primarily of interest to Christadelphians in North America, it is open to Christadelphians anywhere in the world. If there is sufficient “grass roots” support for the understanding contained in this memo from both Unamended and Amended brothers and sisters (say, at least 200+ signatures), then this support will be communicated to all current UA08 ecclesias for their consideration. No other use will be made of this information. The cut-off date will be December 31, 2010.
This memo was drafted by Bro. Richard Farrar of the Woodstock Ecclesia, as a private initiative, with helpful input from others in both fellowships.