Treat every department equally
We agree that covid-19 is still lingering danger. But victimizing pariucularly three departments is not acceptable. Online education system is not compatible for learning. In many cases, student-teacher attraction is missing. Teachers are not well presentable in the class, neither we have good environment in our homes to attend online classes. We do understand university has problem for limited space. But when we sought admission in UOL, we were not informed about it. Neither world-class universities make such excuses. We demand treating social sciences, languages and pure sciences departments equally , or at least compensate us with 50% fee waiver for those who will attend online classes throughout semester since we are deprived of all university facilities including library, class room environment, gymnasium, sports, etc. We can't afford to pay hefty money on data packages and pay fee to university at the same time. Internet facilities is not available in far-flung aras like Skardu city where students have to walk miles to reach out for internet. Even within the precincts of Lahore, internet service providers do not offer smooth services. Some missing giving of precious experience of online classes are.
1. We cannot understand anything in virtual environment because of nature of our courses
2. We had lost our interest when student-teacher attraction was missing because teachers were delivering only monologues.
3. Rude behavior was observed from some teachers
4. Only CR can contact with the Teachers. So Miscommunication was common occurrence
5. No reply of Emails from teachers sent by the Students
6. Due to inactivity of Mic, we can't interact with the Teachers
7. Mostly homes have no Environment to take online classes
8. No time to Consult with the Teachers
9. Many students have lose their marks due to Slate issues and we have proofs
10. Slate is the slowest online system we observed with frequent errors.
11. Rural areas have no facility of Internet
12. Teachers carry Slides from the Internet and then teach actually read for the students
13. Some of ssignments were marked recklessly