Islam is Tolerance: Protect the Church.
62 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
62 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
In response to the recent attacks and harassment of worshipers attending the Two Saints Church in Alexandria, Egypt:
We as Muslims across the globe, do hereby declare that in accordance with Islamic tradition and law that an attack on any house of worship, wherein God is remembered, recalled, thought of, spoken of, or loved is an attack on our person, our freedom, and our Faith; Islam does not allow it, Muslims cannot allow it. God has never allowed it.
Therefore, As Muslims we do solemnly declare:
1) We reject and condemn in all forms violence against any House of God.
2) We demand an immediate halt by those claiming to be Muslim, of all attacks on the freedom of worship in any House of God.
3) We declare with full force and severity that attacks on churches, synagogues, and other assemblies where God is worshiped in Egypt, Iraq, Pakistan, and other parts of the World are Acts of War upon God, and we as Muslims will act as if our own Mosques were attacked to protect the sanctity of each and every House of God in such a war.
4) As our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) before us, we offer our mosque, our homes, and our hearts to our Christian and Jewish brothers and sisters in faith for the use of prayer, and the healing of wounds of the heart and body caused by hate and enmity caused between us.
5) We repent as Muslims before God for doing the little we can and not the more we should against Hate, Injustice, and Intolerance in the world.
6) We pray the Almighty God (Allah) of all creation will hear us as we say: give us this day and all days Peace in Your Holy Name. Help us Protect Your Church & Your Mosque.