To revoke/change the new attendance policy at CNA-Q
We believe that the attendance policy should be revoked for multiple reasons such as:
- The college is not prepared for the needed measures. There’s not enough parking lots for all the students. Most of the classes aren’t equipped to be used by big number of students hence lack of chairs, computers and desks.
- Some students were not allowed to attend their quizzes and tests for being late to find parking lots.
- Students function and learn in different ways. Some prefer self- studying and would rather attend the classes they need.
- Classes go on from 8am to 7 pm and schedules have long breaks .students are not able to leave the campus in fear of missing classes, and are completely exhausted by the end of the day, and are unable to take in information, which contradicts the entire purpose of attending.
- Not taking sick leaves is simply a violation of our rights as students and human beings. Expecting us to not even miss classes when sick is not fair.
- It’s unrealistic to expect us to miss an average of 4 classes in a duration of 14 weeks, specially that it’s our personal choice to peruse higher education. Most of the students are not sponsored and should have the choice to attend at their own convenience.
- This policy is affecting the mental well-being of the students and adding to their already existing anxiety.
- There’s no other university with such an extreme policy ( QU and the education city both carry a 25% attendance policy)
- We should have been informed of this policy prior to the beginning of the semester to allow for students to take the needed measures and make up their own minds.