Tell Charlie Baker to commit to standing by the election results
This coming election brings with it fear and uncertainty around whether its results will be considered legitimate, and whether all votes will be counted. The following is an open letter 350 Mass is sending to Governor Charlie Baker, urging him to commit to election norms. Add your name by signing the petition!
Dear Governor Baker:
As your constituents, we rely on you to uphold the Constitution.
We ask that you:
- state publicly that you will not accept the election results until all votes are counted or a clear winner emerges,
- will do everything in your power to ensure that all electoral voters stay faithful to the state's popular vote,
- honor the collective will of the American people, regardless of the outcome,
- speak out loudly against any efforts by anyone to disenfranchise voters,
- urge other governors to do the same.