Teaching in the Time of COVID-19
As educators during the time of the COVID-19 pandemic and economic recession, we insist that public services not be sacrificed as a "solution" to economic woes. Fair and safe learning and working conditions will be required. We are in the midst of a true economic crisis, and cannot turn our backs on our future, especially when we have the resources available. A suitable portion of the massive +$20 billion available in the state permanent funds should be used to meet the following, ensuring quality education in the state of New Mexico:
- Schools will be declared safe for employees and students to return by scientifically-based standards
- Education budgets will not be cut
- All school employees will keep their jobs, with no reduction in pay
- All school employees will have access to 2 weeks paid sick leave at the beginning of the school year
- Insurance premiums will not increase
Please sign below to show your support!