SWS Parent Community Petition
54 people have signed this petition. Add your name now!
54 people have signed. Add your voice!
Maxine K. signed just now
Adam B. signed just now
In light of the parents’ meeting on June 2, 2019, we, the parents of Suncoast Waldorf School are revising the first petition with the following actions to be taken immediately to ensure trust and transparency moving forward:
- All current Board members will resign immediately with the exception of JJ O’Connor, Dalton Cross, and Jacqueline Summie, no later than June 3, 2019.
- The three remaining board members mentioned above along with four signors of this petition, will create a Nominating Committee consisting of non-board members including faculty, administration, parents, and friends of the school.
- The Nominating Committee shall not include board members who are resigning.
- The Nominating Committee will evaluate the three remaining board members and select new board members to serve for a period of one year.
- The Nominating Committee shall not nominate themselves for the Board of Trustees.
- The Nominating Committee shall select an Executive Committee, consisting of the President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer for a one year term.
- The Nominating Committee will have nominations completed, accepted, and announced to the community by the boards’ Annual Meeting, July 23, 2019.
- The newly installed Board of Trustees will make their first order of business to revise the Bylaws to reflect these changes to the nominating process of new board members.
- The Nominating Committee will convene every year, 60 days prior to the Annual meeting, to conduct an evaluation process of the current years’ Board members and start the process of selecting the incoming Board members to be installed at the Annual meeting in July.
- The Board, Administration, and the Faculty will adopt a proper governance policy by June 14, 2019.
- The Code of Conduct policy will be adhered by all remaining board members, administration, faculty, and parent body.
- The school must not allow community members to hold multiple leadership positions which may or may not conflict with one another.
- The Conflict of Interest policy must be revised and enforced to ensure the needs of the greater community are considered first and foremost.
- The school must create a workplace environment that is conducive to open communication and transparency between faculty, administration, and the board of trustees as outlined in the Threefold Governance process.
- The school must create and publish a clear Conflict Resolution Plan that will hold parents, community members, faculty, administration, and board members accountable for inappropriate behavior.
- The school must adhere to the Conflict Resolution Plan for all members within the community.
- The school agrees to bring in unbiased external assistance as necessary before issues escalate.
- As outlined by the State of Florida 501C3 regulations, the school agrees to maintain in the administration office up to date board meeting minutes, by laws, governance policies, and decisions for all members in the SWS community to access at will during business hours.
- One parent who signs this petition will be nominated to represent this Parent Body in the Transition Team. (The parent representatives on the Transition team should include only members who have children enrolled in the school.)
- Please sign below in support of this petition.
Suncoast Waldorf School Parent Body