Supporting Australian Forest Industries
To the Honourable President and members of the Senate in Parliament assembled:
The petition of the undersigned shows:
Australia's forestry community, workers and businesses object to misleading campaigns by environmental groups that aim to shut down Australia's native forestry industries.
The petitioners request that the Senate:
* Recognise that native forestry industries make social, economic and environmental contributions to regions throughout Australia which include:
- Timber, fibre and biomass resources
- Employment for tens of thousands of Australian workers
- Greater carbon mitigation than unmanaged forests
- Habitat for wildlife
- Recreation and tourism
- Bush fire mitigation
* Ensure the forestry industry can continue to access native timber resources for sustainable managed harvest
* Condemn the campaigns of misinformation that are deliberately damaging the livelihoods of thousands of Australians
*** Please tick "show your name on the online signature list" to make sure your signature counts ***
Your signature will be registered as soon as you click the "SIGN NOW" button.
You may then be redirected to an optional "Donate" page for iPetitions.
You do not have to donate for your signature to register - your signature is registered once you click "SIGN NOW". Simply hit the back button on your browser if you wish to view the Petition page again.