Supporting Safe Youth Activities In Iowa
As owners and families of Iowa's Youth Activities Businesses such as Dance Studios, Gymnastics Centers and similar entities we are supportive of all of the Governor's efforts to reduce the spread of COVID 19 in our state in this difficult period.
We, the undersigned are hoping that we can work with the Governor's office and health officials to improve and continue providing in person instruction as of Dec 1 with the following requirements:
1) Our Businesses will ensure that masks will be properly worn by 100% of employees, students and visitors at all times in the facility.
2) No guardians allowed into the building for those children above the age of 6. Parents / Care Givers will be asked to drop off and pick up but not enter the building. For those younger students or for students with special needs, guardians will be required to wear a mask at all times within the business.
3) Our Businesses Class sizes will be limited to a maximum of 15 people in rooms that can adequately provide for a continuous spacing of students of a minimum of 6' and all efforts will be taken to ensure students remain spaced at this distance at all times. For instruction rooms that are not large enough to accommodate this, class sizes will be reduced accordingly.
4) Our Businesses will continue to do temperature checks of all who enter the premises and work with local health officials anytime there is a positive case to ensure contract tracing and similar efforts to notify families to limit exposure.
5) Our Businesses will comply with all other best practices to ensure the safety of our students, families and staff.
We vow to do our part to limit the spread while providing safe, in person instruction to Iowa's youth who need to stay active and engaged in this time.
Without any other federal program like PPP our businesses will not survive an extended closure. We will do all that we can to be safe if we can be allowed to remain open with the above parameters this winter.
Respectfully, the undersigned youth activity business owners of Iowa and those who support our ongoing effort to remain safely open for our students.