Reintroduce Online Examination Management System in APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University, Kerala
Petition to reintroduce Online Systems in examination management at APJ Kalam Technological University, Kerala
This will be submitted to Kerala Governor, Chief Minister, Education Minister, Opposition Leader, VC KTU, PVC KTU etc.
Why I should sign this petition?
The advantages and benefits of this modern system are listed below for your kind information.
- Examination results can be declared within one week of completion of the examinations.
- Students can have the option to write supplementary examinations within two weeks after the announcement of results, which will minimize accumulation of back papers. This in turn will enable every eligible student to complete his/her course in the stipulated time.
- A student, who prepares for the regular examination, but fails due to some reason, can write an improvement examination easily and clear the supplementary examination as he/she is already in touch with the subject. This will greatly ease the burden on a student to write the supplementary examination after 1 or 2 years under the existing system.
- Chances are less for errors in entering marks during online evaluation process and hence there is no need for revaluation and waiting for the result. It also saves money for the university.
- Examination invigilation as well as valuation processes are made easy and transparent with the introduction of technology - enabled surveillance systems.
- Since the results can be published in a short time, better placement and higher study options become available for students in their last academic year itself.
- Probability of mass failures due to carelessness, if any, in the evaluation process is highly reduced as the system envisages double valuation and students are awarded the average marks. If there is a difference of more than 15 % marks between the two above the paper is sent for a third valuation too.
- Double valuation by the faculty members who have actually taught the respective subjects ensures a fair deal for students.
- Students can view their answer scripts any time and know the marks actually awarded to each question. (Already internal marks and attendance percentages on individual subjects are published and can be viewed by the students by logging in with their Username and Password in the KTU e-government platform). This makes the whole system very transparent, the evaluator more responsible and eliminates foul play of any kind.
- Availability of Online database for all information related to a student, like internal marks, external marks, laboratory examination marks, personal information etc. make the whole system very transparent, flexible and fool proof.
- Delay in transportation of answer papers, valuation and revaluation of answer papers, preparation of mark lists and other hurdles related to documentation are all avoided.