Support Katy's railing with gate (2444 E. Boston St.)
Dickens Square Homeowners:
I had approval for railing installation. The issue is the gate I attached to the railing.
Prior to installing my railing with added entry gate-
- endured sexual harassment when asking people to get off my steps
- offensive words/ behavior directed towards me and my visiting 72 year old mother
- loud/unreasonable noises from general loitering on my steps
- door pulled and leaned on by people loitering - mainly intoxicated persons
- urinating and vomiting on my steps
- littering: food waste, bottles/cans, and drug paraphernalia left on my steps
I was tired of the harassment,intimidation, and disrespect and this railing gate has served as a deterrent thus far. My railing modification with the gate is much to the dismay of the 2 member board. They refuse to allow me to provide a secure environment and suggest I continue to call the police and remove the gate.
The board has since taken it upon themselves to fine me $100/wk and the board and the one board members father (owner of the mgmt company Cobrin) are proceeding to take me to court.
I am asking for your support and approval of my railing with the added gate. Please sign to support Katy - unit 2444 E. Boston St.
Owners should be allowed to attach a gate to their railing for their own