SUPPORT FOR SALT SPRING METAL RECYCLING'S TEMPORARY USE PERMIT
On April 10th I strongly urge the Islands Trust to approve Salt Spring Metal Recycling’s Temporary Use Permit Application (SS-TUP-2013.2) on the following grounds:
1.It is an appropriate use for this property as it is already in very close proximity to other Industrial and Commercial uses, both sanctioned and unsanctioned.
2.The propertyis undesirable for residential use as it is directly under the BC Hydro high voltage power lines, and well water samples show the drinking water has Arsenic levels three times the legal limit.
3. The property has no agricultural value as it is situated on a shale bed.
4. The proposed operation is fenced and cannot be seen from Rainbow Road.
5. The proposed limited duration ofoperational times, and the proposed operation's sound levels,as indicated bythe professional audio consultant's report, willresult inan insignificant effect onneighbouring properties.
6. The proposed operation meets the standards of the Ministry of Environment.
7. The proposed operation provides a significant to benefit to Salt Spring Island by recycling huge volumes of scrap metal in an environmentally sensitive manner.I would like to ask that this stay positive and constructive in the comments. I would also like to ask that if you are able to make it out to the meeting April 10th at the Lions Hall Salt Spring Metal Recycling needs your support to continue to serve the island with the service I provide at no cost to the tax payers of SSI.