Inclusion of Retail training package skill sets into the Lower Fees, Local Skills: Recovery Skill Sets initiative.
To The Department of Training and Workforce Development
We the undersigned support the inclusion of the below Retail Skill Sets into the Lower Fees, Local Skills initiative as Recovery Skill Sets:
- SIRSS00024 Customer Engagement
- SIRSS00025 Retail Customer Relationship
- SIRSS00035 Retail Leadership Transition Skill Set
- SIRSS00020 Manage and implement social media and online customer engagement
- SIRSS00021 Develop an online presence for customer engagement
The following eligibility criteria are understood to be applied:
- Persons aged 15—24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding school students)
- Persons and dependents of persons receiving Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- Persons and dependents of persons in receipt of services from the following Commonwealth support or employment services programs: Jobactive, Online employment services, ParentsNext
- Persons and dependents of persons holding:
- a pensioner concession card or Health Care Card; or
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Dependents of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution
Each of these skillsets, if successfully completed, will equip graduates with the requisite skills to be employed in the retail industry and/or meet the requirements of the job roles that the retail sector is currently experiencing shortages by:
- Building online and social media skills to meet the increasing service expectations demanded by customers through digital platforms. As COVID 19 has dramatically changed how customers engage with retailers this has accelerated the need for this type of training to better equip and prepare the WA workforce.
- Enabling employers to onboard staff quickly and efficiently to address the workforce shortages that our industry is currently experiencing.
- Facilitating and developing the financial and interpersonal skills needed to step into supervisory and leadership roles - as our industry is currently experiencing acute shortages at this level.
We respectfully request that the Department of Training & Workforce Development supports the proposal and provides a supporting recommendation to the respective persons or departments.